Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis respond to ex-nanny’s ‘false’ claims in joint statement



CNN

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis have released a joint statement announcing the highly publicized end of their relationship.

The former couple, who were together from 2011 to 2020 and share two children, spoke out on Monday in response to a story published by The Daily Mail in which a woman described as a former nanny for the two stars revealed allegedly private details. up to and around their distribution.

“As parents, it is extremely upsetting to learn that a former nanny of our two young children would choose to publicly make such false and slanderous accusations about us,” read a joint statement to CNN. “Now his 18-month campaign to harass us, as well as our loved ones, close friends and colleagues, has reached an unfortunate climax.”

“We will continue to focus on raising and protecting our children in the sincere hope that he will now choose to leave our family alone,” the statement concluded.

The unnamed woman, whose claims have not been verified by CNN, spoke to the British couple while Wilde was working on the set of “Don’t Worry Darling” amid her fling with Harry Styles.

Wilde previously told Vanity Fair that her relationship with Sudeikis, with whom she shares daughter Daisy, 5, and son Otis, 8, ended long before her romance with Styles began.

The couple’s separation has sometimes been contentious.

The “Booksmart” director has previously spoken out about Sudeikis’ legal team serving legal documents regarding custody of their children while introducing his latest film at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, calling the move “vicious.”

A source familiar with the matter told CNN at the time that Sudeikis “didn’t have any prior knowledge of the time or place the envelope would be delivered” and called it “inappropriate.”