This page contains the show Transcript
The Weekly Newsquiz tests your knowledge of news events
September 30, 2022
This Friday on CNN 10, Floridians are getting a first look at the damage from Hurricane Ian as search and rescue teams continue to respond to calls. And we’re taking a close look at virtual real estate in the Metaverse. We look at how sales of digital properties are rising and what some brands value by having space in the virtual world. Will it be worth it?
NEWS QUESTION OF THE WEEK
1. Which Middle Eastern country has recently seen protests following the death of a young woman accused of violating the nation’s strict Islamic dress code?
2. What type of space rock is also referred to as a minor planet?
3. In which US state would you find control of NASA’s latest mission, the DART mission?
4. In economics, what is the term that refers to a significant and widespread decline in economic activity?
5. Name the continent, home to around 4.6 billion people, that is opening many of its borders for the first time since the Covid-19 lockdown.
6. What is the name of the organization responsible for naming hurricanes?
7. A recent scientific study estimated how many ants are on Earth at any given time?
8. Featured in Thursday’s episode, a group of Indian scientists are using technology to try to avoid conflict between humans and which type of animal?
9. What type of agriculture does CNN Hero Bobby Wilson offer to his community?
10. Name the virtual world featured in Friday’s episode where companies invest in digital properties.
Click here to access a printable version of today’s CNN 10 transcript
CNN 10 provides a growing audience with an interest in on-demand news coverage, ideal for those seeking explanation on the go or in the classroom. The priority of the show is to identify stories of international importance and then clearly describe why they are in the news, who they affect and how the events fit into a complex international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10